Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cover vs. Cover [3]

Cover vs. Cover is a weekly meme, hosted here, where I compare different covers of the same book. For more information, visit the Weekly Features page.

This week's competing covers are:

             The US Cover                                        The UK Cover
   vs.

















The UK cover model seems to have her back turned to us, but we see her Gallagher Academy patch. Why would her patch be on the back of her uniform? That makes me wonder. But this really is a hard decision. Both covers are cute, and both portray what the book is about perfectly (at least from what I remember. I haven't read this book in a while). I think I'll call it a tie!

2 comments:

  1. The logo, I think, isn't on her blouse, but rather part of the title text. What distracts me about the UK cover is the strangle sparkle on whatever it is she's holding in her hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought of that. I know one of the things she's holding is a ribbon, but I can't tell if the other one is pencils or a ruler.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment, so thank you in advance!

**This blog is an award-free zone.**