Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday [15]

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
Emerald by Karen Wallace (release date July 7, 2011)
Emerald St. John is in trouble. She has been condemned to marry a man she hates. Her enemies are conspiring to have her pet bear Molly torn apart in the baiting pits, and the man she loves is far away on the high seas. And she has stumbled into a web of spies with a plot to poison Queen Elizabeth I.
To save herself and the kingdom, she must beat the spies at their own game - which means transforming herself from a country girl into a court lady. Can she do it in time?
Set against a detailed and vivid recreation of a great Elizabethan manor house, Emerald will bring to life a world where the most sophisticated rules of etiquette went hand in with brutality and superstition.
There is NOT enough YA historical fiction on the market today. There are what, four or five new YA historical fiction releases a year? Anyways, I really love historical fiction, so I'm looking forward to reading Emerald!

What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. Historical fiction is awesome, especially when done right. I am curious about this book now. It sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy dress, that's huge! This does sort of sound interesting, I hadn't heard of it before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be the first to admit that I don't read enough historical YA despite liking the genre. This one sounds really good though! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The very first thing that caught my eye was the stunning cover. Then I read your review, and have decided that this book looks very promising, indeed! Great choice!

    And last but not least, I agree with you about YA historical fiction -- we need MORE of it! : )

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment, so thank you in advance!

**This blog is an award-free zone.**