Friday, June 24, 2011

Follow (my book blog) Friday [17]


This Week's Question: In light of the Summer Solstice. Also known as Midsummer...let's talk about fairies. What is your favorite fairy tale or story that revolves around the fae?

My Answer:
I have a few favorites. "The Little Mermaid" is one of them. I first read it when I was 9 and received a collection Hans Christian Andersen fairy tales for Christmas. They were the straight, morbid, non-Disney versions. "The Wild Swans" and "The Snow Queen" are some other ones, which I also first read in said collection. I know I have more favorites but I can't think of them right now.

As for my favorite book with fairies...I think the Artemis Fowl books. I know they're more on the sci-fi-y side, but they do have fairies! And if they don't count, then Ash and Huntress by Malinda Lo.

9 comments:

  1. Aw, I love The Little Mermaid! Hans Christian Andersen is an absolute genius! I haven't read the Artemis Fowl books but I've heard great things about them! Awesome post!

    Your blog is adorable & I'm now following it :)
    Here's my post: http://tiny.cc/j796h

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Little Mermaid was always one of my favs as well. Love your blog, it's gorgeous!

    New follower!
    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Follow Friday! New follower stopping by via Parajunkee.
    Have a great weekend!
    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Mermaid is amazing. Great answer.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Little Mermaid is wonderful. I picked Cinderella.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices! I was obsessed with the little mermaid as a kid and as for Malinda Lo's books Ash and Huntress . . . LOVEEEEEEEEE them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by today!
    I have read Huntress, and it was amazing!! Love Malinda Lo, she is definitely one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. Someone else mentioned The Wild Swans. I haven't heard of it. I'll have to look it up.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I found your blog via Follow Friday, and I'm your newest follower!

    If you get a moment, head over to Teen Fiction Centre, and take a look around!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment, so thank you in advance!

**This blog is an award-free zone.**