Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cover vs. Cover [2]

Cover vs. Cover is a weekly meme, hosted here, where I compare different covers of the same book. For more information, visit the Weekly Features page.

This week's competing covers are:

             The US Cover                                        The UK Cover
   vs.

















In this case, I like the US cover better. I like the duct tape, and the US cover model looks more like how I pictured Hannah when I was reading Thirteen Reasons Why than the UK cover model does. The text in the upper left-hand corner of the UK cover seems crammed, and I don't like that. Also, on the other side of the US book jacket, there's a map that has all the places Clay visited marked.

4 comments:

  1. The US one is far better. I haven't read it but the UK one doesn't look like anything that would jump out at me, where the US one does.

    Liking this feature.

    Amy@adumbrations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus UK cover is too generic. Instantly makes me think that the book is just as boring...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the UK girl's shirt, but that's about the only thing that stood out to me. The rest of it was just bland and not something I'd pick up off of the shelf. The US cover is interesting and something I remember seeing on other blogs, so it has staying power.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer the US one too which is unusual as I tend towards the UK covers, but you're right it is a bit bland.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment, so thank you in advance!

**This blog is an award-free zone.**