Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday [12]

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson (release date September 29, 2011)
The day Louisiana teenager Rory Deveaux arrives in London marks a memorable occasion. For Rory, it's the start of a new life at a London boarding school. But for many, this will be remembered as the day a series of brutal murders broke out across the city, gruesome crimes mimicking the horrific Jack the Ripper events of more than a century ago.

Soon “Rippermania” takes hold of modern-day London, and the police are left with few leads and no witnesses. Except one. Rory spotted the man police believe to be the prime suspect. But she is the only one who saw him. Even her roommate, who was walking with her at the time, didn't notice the mysterious man. So why can only Rory see him? And more urgently, why has Rory become his next target? In this edge-of-your-seat thriller, full of suspense, humor, and romance, Rory will learn the truth about the secret ghost police of London and discover her own shocking abilities.
Maureen Johnson? Jack the Ripper? How can this book NOT be amazing? I'm so jealous of all the people who got ARCs at BEA. And I say this often, but...I love the cover.

7 comments:

  1. I love the cover too! And I can't wait for this book as well! ;)

    ~Loren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have this on my wish list. I am so excited about this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen Johnson is awesome...adding to my TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pretty much any book that revolves around the Victorian period and have always had a fascination with Jack the Ripper so this book is defiantly on my to-read list when it comes out! Great WOW choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I'm so excited for this novel :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic pick! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment, so thank you in advance!

**This blog is an award-free zone.**