Sunday, May 8, 2011

In My Mailbox [8]

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by The Story Siren, where we share books that we've received.


Today is a milestone for my blog, because...*dromroll*...I received my first review copy!

It's a self-published/indie book by Marlee Morgan, called Soujon's Journey. I can't really tell from the summary, but I think it's a fantasy.











Also, earlier this week I was at Borders, and I found Hush, Hush on the bargain shelf! I haven't read it yet, but I've heard great things.

Now on to the library horde.

Leviathan is the first in a steampunk trilogy by Scott Westerfeld. I read and really liked the first two books of his Uglies series, and I love any sci-fi, whether it's dystopia, space opera or steampunk!

As You Wish is Jackson Pearce's debut novel, which I'm reading right now. It's very different from Sisters Red, but I like it so far!

Assassin is a historical fiction about the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. It looks really good!

Entwined
is a re-telling of The Twelve Dancing Princesses. I've been on hold for it for the past two months, and I'm really excited to read it!!!

5 comments:

  1. You've got some great books there. I've been searching out As You Wish but haven't been able to find a copy locally. Hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab set! I can't wait to read Entwined.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I see the cover for LEVIATHAN everywhere! I'm going to check back to see what you thought about it. I was so-so on UGLIES/PRETTIES, but I'm willing to give him another shot.

    Yay for ENTWINED! I'm excited for this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Scott Westerfeld! I bet Leviathan is good!

    Angie

    XOXO Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emily!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day to comment on my IMM- I am returning the favor ;)

    I have also heard some pretty amazing things about Hush Hush and hope to add it to my TBR list as soon as it gets a little shorter! Also, I have only heard great reviews for Scott Westerfeld, and one of the teen librarians where I work raves about his writing-- definitely getting to him eventually too. Entiwined looks so pretty, and I meant to pick it up this past week but I have my hands full right now but I hope you enjoy reading it :)

    Have a great week!

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment, so thank you in advance!

**This blog is an award-free zone.**