Friday, April 29, 2011

Follow (my book blog) Friday [10]



This Week's Question: Keeping with the dystopian and apocalypse theme that seems to be running rampant on parajunkee.com, I have one very hard question for you: If you were stocking your bomb shelter, what books would you HAVE to include if you only had space for ten?

My Answer:
That really is a hard question!

1. The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
I love this series, and it's absolutely re-readable! Also, it only counts as one book because I have a 7-in-1 omnibus.
2. Eragon by Christopher Paolini
One of my top favorite books ever!
3. Yes Man by Danny Wallace
This book is awesome! It would keep me laughing during the dark days of the apocalypse.
4-5. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling
My two favorites in the series.
6. The Giver by Lois Lowry
A very powerful and thought-provoking book, also a top favorite of mine. Plus, my copy has sentimental value so I wouldn't want to leave it behind!
7. Coraline by Neil Gaiman
Another awesome re-readable book.
8-10. The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
No explanation needed, I think!

8 comments:

  1. Great list! I didn't include HP in mine, but I seriously considered it. If I could have added the entire series as one book, I definitely would have :)

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list! I didn't include any HP books mostly cause I know them so well, I wanted to read something else aha. I'm a new follower, your blog is very pretty!!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read the Chronicles of Narnia. I have a feeling that I should. I love the Hunger Games series but I had to knock it off my list to fit the Anne of Green Gables series.

    I'm a new follower from the Hop.

    Grace @ Books Like Breathing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! New follower from the hop. I love your list! I've wanted to read Eragon for quite some time now.

    I would include a linked version of my blog name, but alas, I am stumped on how to link it within this comment box...*blushes*

    Talina
    www.bookinitreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am your new Loyal Stalker (love that name!). The Yes Man sounds good. I'll have to add it to my TBR pile :)

    My FF:
    http://owlreviewabook.blogspot.com/2011/04/follow-fridaybook-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm seeing the Hunger Games a lot! And Harry Potter. I wanted to fit them all, but had to narrow them down to one. I'd probably try and squeeze 'em in anyway though. ;) My list can be found here!

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all over Coraline and The Hunger games! Two awesome choices! But, really, that was a hard question! How can you pick just 10 books?!

    Here's my list. And don't forget to sign up for the giveaway ^_^

    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Eragon and Coraline :)

    I'm a new follower- you can find my FF here.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment, so thank you in advance!

**This blog is an award-free zone.**