Tuesday, July 12, 2011

2¢ Tuesdays [2]

2¢ Tuesdays is a meme hosted by Penny at Penny Reads. It's a feature where book bloggers can weigh in with their two cents on book related topics.

This week's topic is:
Which book to movie adaptions do you love?
Which ones are so bad that you wish you could unsee them?
Which ones actually turned out better than the book?


One book-to-movie adaption I love is the adaption of The Princess Diaries. It's very very different from the book, but I don't care! I love how Disney took out all the not-really-for-kids content, but still managed to make it a cute and enjoyable movie.
Another good one is the movie adaption of Holes. It was so true to the book, I was surprised! The only things that were different were a couple minor details that weren't important at all.

One that's so bad I wish I could un-see it is the adaption of Prince Caspian. It was so terrible. I hate how they *spoilers* added the romance between Susan and Caspian! It NEVER happened in the books! It was completely pointless too, because they never see each other again anyway! Some of the dialogue was really cheesy too, not at all like the book.

As for ones that turned out better than the book.....don't come at me with pitchforks, but I liked the Inkheart movie better than the Inkheart book. I think the book dragged a little (though that could be because it's translated), whereas the movie was pretty fast-paced.
Another movie I like far better than the book is Stuart Little. Stuart Little is one of those movie that my family has seen 3,000,000 times, and we all quote it on a regular basis. I didn't read the book until much later, and I was sooo disappointed. The ending was the worst. It was like E. B. White thought, "Oh, I'm bored of writing this," and just ended the book.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the first Princess Diaries movie, but the second one was kind of meh.

    I liked Prince Caspian, but maybe it was because I was so busy drooling over Ben Barnes? LOL

    I never read Inkheart, but I have seen glimpses of the movie. As for Stuart Little, I think the book and movie are equally good. The movie is just too cute.

    Thanks for participating! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw the second Princess Diaries movie. I didn't even know there was one!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment, so thank you in advance!

**This blog is an award-free zone.**