Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday [3]

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (release date December 6, 2011)
16-year-old orphan Tessa Gray, whose quiet life is thrown into turmoil when her older brother Nathaniel suddenly vanishes, leaving her alone. Her search for him leads her into Victorian-era London’s dangerous supernatural underworld, where warlocks throw masked balls for half-demon Downworlders. When Tessa discovers that she herself is a Downworlder, she must come to trust her natural enemies, the demon-killing Shadowhunters, if she ever wants to learn to control her powers and find her brother.

Torn between the beautiful Will, a Shadowhunter who isn’t what he seems, and the devoted Jem, whose own deadly secret is slowly destroying him, Tessa must draw on all her strength to save her brother and keep herself alive in this deadly new world.
I'm REALLY excited for this one, because I LOVED Clockwork Angel. I'd say I liked it better than the Mortal Instruments, but it isn't fair to compare one book to an entire series, so I'll wait for the whole series to be out before I start comparing.

4 comments:

  1. Great pick. I'm trying to catch up on Cassie Clare novels. So far I've only read City of Bones, but I can't wait until my roommate returns my copy of City of Ashes so I can read it!

    Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I'm really looking forward to reading this as well! Clockwork Angel was aweeesome! Happy Reading! Here's my WoW!

    Great blog! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! i'm a new follower from book blogs! love the blog!

    follow me?!
    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I hate having to wait for new books in a series. They seem to take FOREVER.

    Come see what I'm waiting for!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment, so thank you in advance!

**This blog is an award-free zone.**